There you are: It’s the biggest day of your life, and you’ve woken up with an enormous rash or puffy eyes or both….
. Only guess what? You’re Julia Roberts. Or Scarlett Johansson. Or Gwyneth Paltrow. Or any A-lister who has to face the paparazzi, HD television cameras or even eager fans with Twitter accounts.
Skin is skin, high-profile people need to fix it FAST. “As one celeb explained to me, her face is like a corporation within itself,” says Susan Evans, M.D., a Beverly Hills-based dermatologist.
“My celebrities are moving away from fillers and cosmetic procedures that are too obvious,” says Dr. Evans. “The newer trend is actually to take care of your skin. They’re avoiding tanning booths, making sunscreen a part of their routine and using products with vitamins A, C and E.”
And while those are good habits we should all stick with,
don’t you also want to know what they do when skin disaster strikes?
The best tricks are here at SKINOHOLIST. FOR FREE, FOR YOU.
#1: SKIN DISASTER AND STAR FIX. ACNE AND MILIA.
In Hollywood, zits can mess up more than a leading lady’s mood. “I’ve had actresses tell me that directors delayed shooting because of a breakout—it’s hard to hide when it’s magnified on-screen,” says L.A. dermatologist Jessica Wu, M.D. T
o keep recurring acne under control, pros often go beyond topical remedies. Beverly Hills dermatologist Boris Zaks, M.D., uses a procedure called photodynamic therapy on severely acne-prone celebs who can’t wait weeks for pills or creams to work.
He applies an amino acid medication to the face, then shines a blue light on it for up to an hour to activate the liquid. Most clients get the two-step process four times a year for a total cost of $2,500 to $4,000. Yes, you could buy a new wardrobe for that!
But Wait! I’m Not a Celebrity…so these are the top 5
1. You will be surprised , but…First step. Make sure that water is filtered and Chlorine free.Dont wash your face with tap water unless you have filtering system.
2. Second your cleanser can be your worst enemy….or your best friend. Choose the best one…
3. Always clean your skin. The top most intensive mask and a beauty must have for 20 years – BORGHESE FANGO ACTIVE MUD FOR FACE AND BODY 500G. Elle approved world best skincare product will last at least 1 year.
4. Salicylic acid is a top ingredient on milia/acne prone skin!
5. If your skin is prone to milia and acne, change pillow case every night or better…get silk pillow case! It does not keep bacteria and is super nice to your skin. It prevents wrinkles too.
A diet tweak can also help. “I tell a lot of my patients to avoid dairy four weeks before they have to be on a set,” Dr. Wu says. Your body retains the extra hormones from cow’s milk, which can aggravate pimple-prone skin. “Even cutting back can make a difference. I’ve seen results in as little as a week,” says Dr. Wu.
Skinoholist supports this claim, as all our customers noticed that dairy-free and gluten-free diet works wonders for skin! And we repeat once again-you don’t have to be allergic to gluten or dairy to notice results.
#2: SKIN DISASTER AND QUICK STAR TREATMENT: PUFFY EYES, LINES AROUND EYES.
A thirty something blonde who was scheduled to present at the Golden Globe Awards came to Karyn Grossman, chief of dermatology at Saint Johns Health Center in Santa Monica, the morning of the show with some crepiness around her eyes. Grossman applied a mix of hyaluronic acid and collagen protein and drove it in with ultrasound waves to deeply hydrate the skin, smooth away fine lines, and give a dewy glow. Results are instant but fleeting—lasting only a day or two—and most remarkable around the eyes, where skin is thinnest.
For everyone else, he tells them to pick up a Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System, which uses the same technology and serum! Moreover, Gwyneth Paltrow who praises this system has the most beautiful eyes!
#3.SKIN DISASTER AND QUICK STAR FIX: I LOST GLOW AND LOOK TIRED!
Sounds simple, but pros say that regular exfoliation does wonders for rejuvenating celebs’ complexions, which often take a beating from frequent travel and heavy makeup. “I insist on exfoliation, even if you have dry skin,” says Dr. Evans. “You have to remove old layers first before products can really penetrate.”
Microdermabrasion treatments, which polish the face with tiny crystals, are a celeb favorite. They slough away dulling skin cells and create a ready and willing surface for anti-aging creams and serums. New York City dermatologist David Colbert, M.D., who treats Sienna Miller and Rachel Weisz, tackles the problem with his signature Triad treatment. “When HDTV kicked in, it became our most sought-after pre-awards show procedure,” says Dr. Colbert. “We had to open a second office!” His clients pay $400 for the microdermabrasion, laser toning and fruit acid process, and usually book it a week before major events, to get glowy.
Facial peels that contain papain enzymes or lactic acid smooth the skin’s surface and boost radiance, too. “After filming a movie, where they’re wearing heavy makeup, actresses often come in to get these peels to unclog their pores,” reports Dr. Wu.
1. Slough it with the most basic exfoliator money can buy: a wet washcloth. “For a major event a while ago, my A-list client had just returned from a ski trip and her face was chapped,” says Clarins celebrity artist Pati Dubroff. “To heal and refresh her skin, I lightly buffed her with a washcloth and a gentle cream cleanser and then massaged oil into the skin—she glowed on the red carpet.”
2. To do a cheap version of Dr. Evans’ popular papain enzyme peel, try her at-home recipe. “Take chunks of papaya, mix it with egg whites and spread it over your face. It’ll form a nice mask,” she says. “I’ve made it myself, and I’ve recommended it to clients I couldn’t get to.” Leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse and moisturize.
SKIN DISASTER AND QUICK STAR FIX #4: All Dry
Dryness may seem like a minor issue, but parched skin robs women of that healthy, awake look we all want. Often regular moisturizer isn’t enough. Enter the DermalQuench Oxygen Treatment offered at Kate Somerville Skin Health Experts clinic in Los Angeles. Bold-faced names like Lea Michele and Nicole Richie are fans. The $250, hour-long facial douses skin with hyaluronate, a natural lubricant that diminishes as we age—it’s what helps skin hold water in.
WHAT SHE ADVICES FOR US, NOT STARS (YET)?
“I tell all my clients that steam goes a long way,” says Somerville. “I do it myself when I’m tired or I’ve been traveling.” The mix of water and heat opens up pores, releases impurities and softens the skin. If you don’t have a face steamer, boil a pot of water, then remove it from the heat. Lean over it just enough so that the steam is hitting your face. Wait 5 to 10 minutes, pat your face dry and moisturize.
Save $250 and get this amazing hyaluronic acid serum!
+ THE BEST ADVICE YOUR WILL EVER GET: diet which is RICH IN omega 3-6-9 can TRANSFORM your skin!
OMEGA-3 ACTS AS A HYDRATOR FROM YOUR SKIN INSIDE.
• ADD FLAXSEED 30G+ HEMP SEED 30G TO YOUR DIET. MAKE A FAMOUS SKINOHOLIST SALAD- ROCKET SALAD WITH AVOCADO, HEMP SEED AND PUMPKIN SEED BUTTER.
• AVOCACO A DAY
• WILD SALMON FLLET OR BETTER- RAINBOW TROUT.
MAKE A FAMOUS SKINOHOLIST SALAD- ROCKET SALAD WITH AVOCADO, HEMP SEED AND PUMPKIN SEED BUTTER!!! It so delicious.
SKIN DISASTER #5: When YOU Just Look Damaged
Pollution, smoke, sun—nobody’s face is 100 percent safe from environmental damage, especially if you, say, film war movies and vacation in St. Barts. Skin creams with antioxidants like vitamins A, C or E fight free radicals (collagen-diminishing skin agers). Dr. Evans blends them in her office for VIP patients. “Antioxidants really make a difference,” she says.
• MAKE A DIY HOME GINGER + LEMON JUICE FACE MASK.
• USE VITAMIN E CAPSULES.
• AND START USING MURAD ESSENTIAL C TONER WITH ESSENTIAL-C NIGHT MOISTURE.
• DRINK WATER, SLEEP AT LEAST 8 HOURS and STOP DRINKING COFFEE WHICH DEHYDRATES YOUR SKIN!
You will see difference, you…star!!!!